Top 5 Clever tricks to Increase Mobile App Reviews 2020
App market can be a tricky place at times. Your app performance depends upon a number of things and enhancing the app performance can be a difficult task. To get started with, any app’s performance is governed by 3 main things.
- The Number of App Downloads
- App Rating
- User Reviews
Every factor is important and has a role to play to determine if an app has a good status. The app ratings ios and the user reviews helps you to increase the user trust. Having good reviews tells that your app is trustworthy and can be downloaded without any hassles. This has an important impact on your business. This helps you to increase your in-app installs and also help to enhance your app conversion. But we all know that writing reviews is a boring task and many of us tend to skip it. Therefore, getting reviews itself becomes a tough task.
Importance of reviews
Android app reviews are a measure of your app’s quality. When people look for an app, they see the app rating and then read user reviews. App reviews and ratings also indicate your app’s position in the app chart. The apps occupying top place in the chart have good app reviews as well as app ratings. This increases their visibility and hence the app downloads gets increased. In simple words, the better the app rating, the more visibility you get, the more downloads your app can make. Reviews plays yet another important role. Before using an app, people go through the user ratings. This can be seen as a trust making process. If the user reviews are good, people will definitely try your app and this can also lead to better app conversions.
These user ratings are what that decides how well an app is performing. Now, before you download, you go through the reviews. These reviews give an idea about the facilities of the app and the problem you are likely to face if you use that app. User reviews are a vital thing. The success of the app depends upon the kind of user ratings that you get.
In this article, we will talk about top 5 clever tricks to Increase Mobile App Reviews.
- Review Plug-ins: During app design phase, it is always advised to include app review plug ins within the app layout. This is a really smart way to get reviews and ratings and this method is used by a surprisingly large number of developers. But care has to be taken about asking the feedback. Pop-ups are obviously annoying and therefore utmost care should be taken in this. Asking reviews should not be annoying and utmost care should be taken for that. This way chances of getting review increases manifold.
- Rewards for Reviews: Another wise thing to get reviews is by awarding the users. The exchange in simple. Ask users to review your app and in return give something to them. It can be a discount coupon or maybe an upgrade to a new weapon in an arcade game. The reward may be according to your app. Whatever the reward may be, you are more likely to get reviews by following this.
- Customer Support: Let’s go back to basics. If we want to know about something, the easiest way is to ask. But obviously it won’t be wise to call/text your users and keep on bugging them with requests to give reviews for your app. A smart way is by integrating help/support in your app. A strong customer support is greatly appreciated anywhere and it is same for apps and in fact, it is specifically valid for paid apps. People prefer apps/products that have a good customer support and this can be used to collect reviews. A built-in customer help section in the app itself motivates users to use it. During the help process, reviews and ratings can be collected.
- Competitions and bonuses: A great way of involving your users is by conducting competitions and awarding them bonuses. Say there is a competition in which you ask users to give their feedback on a particular app and in return you can award them with an extended trail period or maybe a free premium account. Basically anything you can afford. Awards can be appealing and can influence people to do what you want. This gets easier in gaming apps. You can keep a mission/stage as completing feedback for the app. There are so many ways to optimise this for your app. Only you need to be creative and yes you do need to think out of the box.
Time it well: Yes, it all comes to timing. We all had experiences with pop ups. It gets more annoying it the app starts on asking for reviews and ratings the very first moment it starts. What app developers should know that no one wants to write reviews. The trick is to influence them to give feedback and by adding unnecessary pop-ups, the user experience only gets worse. Therefore, the app review pop-ups should be timed perfectly. In gaming apps, this can be after a mission; in a meditation app this can be after the user completes few days of self help tutorials. Timing can make your dilemma an easy thing to solve and so make sure you do it right.