How to get unique iOS app reviews for my gaming app?
What do you do when you have free time to pass? Some of us go online on social networking sites while a major chunk of iOS users play games. Games are one of the most widely installed apps in the App Store. What better way to pass time then playing games? Especially when there are plenty of options to choose from. Car racing, puzzles, Sudoku, chess, arcade games and what not. There is something for everyone.
According to statistics of 2017, gaming apps makes up about 40% of App market followed by social networking apps. In 2017, the smartphone gaming market make 46.1 billion USD worldwide and is expected to rise to about 52.7 billion USD by the end of 2018. This whooping figure only shows the potential that the gaming market has. Gaming apps are relatively tough to build as they need advanced designing tools as well as sophisticated algorithms but they do have more profit earning potential.
The once played Ludo family game is one such to look into. Ludo King re-started the craze of this once played game and it now has a total download of more than 1000000. This case shows the bulk of opportunities lying in the gaming section. The top performing gaming apps like Clash of Clans and Hill Climb Racing have milestone of their own.
As discussed above, we now know what lies in the gaming section. Opportunities are many and so are the challenges which are growing day by day. There are already a lot of gaming apps in the iOS store and a major chunk of the market is occupied by top players. The newbies are left to struggle amongst themselves and few small rivals. One of the factors behind this is the popularity. The new comers already have a low visibility and along with it, they have to constantly keep up with the competition for survival.
How can reviews help you?
App reviews are the reflection of what your app has to offer. A good app with good reviews has a good market to roll in. Let us start from scratch. When people are looking for an app, they search for the app in the iOS App Store. They go through the rating and then read the reviews if they think that the game is good. This is normal too. Most of the games have in-app purchases and the file size is large too. Therefore, before making the decision of selecting a game, they go through the reviews just to ensure that the game is good to go.
You know the importance of app reviews. But how to get them? There are in fact a lot of problems associated with getting reviews. Let’s have a look into some of them.
- Most people don’t take up time to write reviews. It is seen as a lengthy task and in fact it is. This is the reason most of the reviews and feedback space in the App Store remain empty.
- The most worrying is the absence of users. Chances are there that despite being a good app, you are not getting enough users for your app. Other chance is that your game has some problems and people don’t prefer your app.
How to get reviews for my gaming app?
If you can relate to one or both of the points above, then we have some tips to help you out. Let’s talk about some of the methods to get unique reviews for your app.
- Ask out: Be straight forward. Most people don’t write reviews because it is seen as a waste of time and sometimes they don’t even pay attention to the need to write review. So to get review, you need to ask out your user. After installation, send out a personalised mail or a greeting and ask for review. Be as creative as possible.
- In–app Ads: Include some in-app dialogs asking for reviews. You can creatively include in-app ads targeted for users. This way you can get the reviews you want.
- Reward them: Promise to offer few rewards or game boosters if an user reviews your app. By putting rewards you can increase chances of getting reviews.
- Level up strategies: Whenever an user levels up, ask them to review and rate your app through a short video clipping followed by an redirection link. Make sure that you time it properly though. Ads can be irritating and thus utmost case should be taken. Do not over do no matter what.
- Buying reviews: There are many websites out there from where you can purchase app installs as well as reviews too but certainly developers hesitate to buy because it is also risky. The reviews could be from bot ids. It’s not like unsafe but developers want to have organic installs with organic real reviews and ratings. You can buy review for Android the as well as for iOS.